June 22, 2014
Dear Bertie —
The day began with me making my morning oatmeal. I stuck it in the microwave and instead of hitting 3 minutes I hit 30. Burned the whole darn mess and now need a new microwave.
I went to go put sugar into my coffee this morning, and the lid fell off the darned thing and the entire jar went into the cup and all over the counter. What a mess!
I watered the houseplants.
When I walked the dog this morning and I went to pick up the poop, my pants split in half. Everyone stared at my Miss Kitty underwear on the walk home.
I needed to use the ladder to change a light bulb. I got two steps up the ladder and the third step split in half causing me come down so hard I broke my leg.
As I crawled to the phone to call the paramedics, I did not notice the puddle of water from the houseplants. I accidentally grabbed that frayed cord on the lamp and gave myself on hell of an electrical shock. It fried my hair.
I am now in the hospital. Please come visit.
* * * * *
Thank you Alastair Forbes for hosting Sunday Photo Fiction!
May your day be better than that of Gladys! Be well! ^..^