We have been under a red flag warning since yesterday at 11:00 a.m. for fire. This continues on today until 11:00 a.m. The conditions yesterday and this morning are perfect for fire caused by dry lightning. What is dry lightning? It is lightning without any rain. There was a bit of rain and we could see it coming down in tight areas along with many bolts. I did try to catch some shots of the lightning bolts, which is pretty hard, and was unable to. However I did get some amazing photos yesterday during the storm that hit us, and have a few to share of our skies this morning! Ready?
In the front side of house the skies were clear. Here is what we found looking out back.
There was a really dark band of clouds and it was between this and the lighter clouds behind where the bolts of lightning were coming down!
Rain came down in a column from one point in the clouds! It was pouring where ever this was falling!
I really enjoyed the contrast in colors of the clouds!
Here is another shot that shows an area of rain!
This next photo: Check out the clouds. There appears to be ripples in the clouds. You might want to click on the photo to see the details!
This morning, here is what the sky looked like looking in the same direction of the previous shots.
Looking towards the east, the sun is starting to come up!
One final shot returning to the back and looking west…
We are hoping that we do not have any lightning today! What you need to do to be safe in a storm:
* If there is a storm with lightning, do not take a shower! Lightning can travel through the metal pipes!
* If you hear thunder, move inside. You can be struck from lightning!
* If in your car during a lightning storm, do not touch any metal in the vehicle.
* Do not use a telephone with a cord during a storm. The lightning can travel through the lines.
* Do not use appliances during a lightning storm.
* Unplug your computers!
Have a terrific Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow? I hope so! Be well! ^..^